Steven M. Oster, Esq.
- J.D. - Columbia University School of Law - Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- B.A. State University of New York at Albany - Magna Cum Laude
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- US District Courts for the Middle District of Florida, District of California, District of Pennsylvania, District of New Jersey and District of New York.
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh District
- Appellate Litigation
- Trial Practice
- Litigation Management
- Electronic Discovery
- Environmental Risk Management
- FINRA Arbitration
Steven's practice focuses on complex, high stakes litigation and appellate work. He represents clients in both federal and state courts on a broad range of matters with emphasis on private commercial litigation practice.
Steven is a terrific litigator with vast experience. He was formerly a partner with Wilkie, Farr and Gallagher as well as with other firms. Steven provides every type of litigation support to The Gremminger Law Firm, and is capable in handling any litigation matter.
Examples of recent cases include:
- US District Court for the Middle District of Florida, jury trial regarding fraudulent real estate transaction (plaintiff).
- US District Court for the District of Maryland, jury trial regarding a breach of contract, fraud involving developer (defendant).
- US District Court for the District of Columbia, jury trial regarding fraudulent credentialed health care provider (plaintiff).
- US District Court for the District of Columbia, appeal, DC Consumer Protection Procedures Act (appellant).
- Superior Court District of Columbia, jury trial involving personal injury and trust matters (plaintiff).
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, case regarding attorneys' fees (appellant).
Steven has represented broker dealers and financial advisors in FINRA arbitrations, NYSE and FINRA investigations and counseled Fortune 50 companies on matters of environmental compliance, including Superfund, RCRA, CWA and state analogues.
- Steven A. Tasher, John P. Dean & Steven M. Oster, Impact of Environmental Law on Real Estate Transactions, in Environmental Laws & Real Estate Handbook/Code 257 (3rd edition, 1991)